Since I’ve been tackling anti-racism work in my own life and beyond as a recent escapee from the Sunken Place (…if you haven’t seen Get Out, go watch NOW), I have been asked for my point of view on everything from race to politics by well meaning white folx who wish to understand how we got here. I have a lot to say on these matters that go beyond what I share on my Facebook blog or group, but it takes time to formulate these thoughts into concise statements. And we all know, time is money. So here we are. I need your help to buy me some time while I figure out my next steps and continue to let this newly reactivated push for liberation to spur me into community and movement building spaces.
Here are some things I will be writing about in prose or poetry form depending on how the mood strikes me:
- Mental health and black women
- Physical health and health care
- Immigrations and assimilation
- PTSD and PTSS
- Interracial relationships both romantic and platonic
- Politics, police state/brutality
- Intersectional feminism
- Black Lives Matter and Say Her Name
- Being black in Amerikkka before and after Obama, Trump, “being woke”
- Raising children in pre-apocolyptic times
- Raising biracial children
- Bernie and the future of the liberal party
- Get Out
- Anti-blackness and white supremacy
- World and current events
- My past, my present and my future and whatever I feel like because I do what I want!
Join me on my journey.
If you wish to send a one time gift or reparations payment, feel free to do so here.